20-year+ Licensed Esthetician
NCEA Certified Esthetician
Author – Speaker – Consultant
Licensed Estheticians have the ability to impact their client’s lives in areas far beyond skin care. It is important work that we do.
For someone whose ultimate goal wasn’t actually to become an Esthetician, I sure have created and enjoyed a fabulous career in Esthetics! My initial goal was to own a wellness center for women, and earning my Esthetician license was one of the first steps along that path. But it didn’t take me long to realize that the important work Estheticians do goes well beyond skin care. Licensed Estheticians have the ability to impact their client’s lives in areas like self-image, self-esteem and self-confidence.
Because of that epiphany early in my career, I have devoted a lot of my time over the last 20 years helping to empower Estheticians. If they can create a successful career that they love, they can then share that passion with their clients. And I am honored to be even a small part of that.
Diane Buccola has been a Licensed Esthetician in the state of California since 1999. She is a former day spa owner, and solo esthetician. In 2008, Diane achieved the NCEA Certified credential which represents the highest skin care credential available in the United States, and adherence to the code of ethics of the profession; and in 2019, Diane was awarded the NCEA Certified Lifetime Credential. Diane expanded her career to include spa consulting and esthetician training in 2004.
Diane is the owner of SpaBizBoard, a popular message board and learning tool for the spa business which she created in 2006. In her continuing effort to raise the standards of esthetics, she has served on the Advisory Board of Les Nouvelles Esthetiques & Spa magazine and as a frequent contributor to esthetics & spa trade magazines, as well as authoring three books.
- Licensed Esthetician – California (1999-)
- NCEA Certified Professional Esthetician (2008-)
- Lifetime Award: NCEA Certified Professional Esthetician (2019-)
- NCEA Certified Professional Esthetician Exam Prep Instructor
- Creator/owner of SpaBizBoard, the first private/subscription online message board for spa professionals (2006-)
- Esthetician Consultant/Trainer
- Creator/former owner of Skin Renewal Center in Davis, California
- Esthetician volunteer for American Cancer Society’s “Look Good Feel Better” program
- Commendation by California Lt. Governor Cruz M. Bustamonte in Recognition of Dedicated Service to the “Look Good Feel Better” program
- Fully insured – Associated Skin Care Professionals
- Certified – CPR/First Aid/AED
- Master of Ceremonies – International Congress of Esthetics & Spa, Long Beach CA (2016)
- Master of Ceremonies – National Esthetic Teacher Training (2015) Author contributor – Dermascope Magazine
- Author contributor – Les Nouvelles Esthetiques & Spa Magazine
- Speaker – International Congress of Esthetics & Spa (Miami, Dallas, Philadelphia, Long Beach)
- Speaker contributor – Israel International Congress of Esthetics & Spa
- Advisory Board Member – Les Nouvelles Esthetiques & Spa Magazine
- Member of NCEA (National Coalition of Estheticians, Manufacturers/Distributors & Associations)
- Author – NOTES FROM YOUR FAIRY GODMOTHER (book)
- Author – ESTHETICIANS ARE A GIRL’S BEST FRIEND (book)
- Author – THE HEART OF ESTHETICS: Creating Loyal Clients & Achieving Financial Success (book)
- Director and Lead Esthetician – BeWell Expo, Skin Analysis Lounge (Los Angeles 2012)
- Director and Lead Esthetician – BeWell Expo, Skin Analysis Lounge (Pasadena CA 2013)
- Executive Producer – BeWell Expo 2014 (Sacramento CA)
- Instructor – The Business of Esthetics (The Learning Exchange)
- Instructor – National Esthetic Teacher Training (NETT) 2014
- Core Team Member – Deepak Chopra live events (2019)
- Course Instructor – “THE HEART OF ESTHETICS: Creating Loyal Clients & Achieving Financial Success” online course (2019-ongoing)
- Course Instructor – “THE ULTIMATE GUIDE FOR NEW ESTHETICIANS: Jumpstart Your Career” online course (2020-ongoing)
Les Nouvelles Esthetiques & Spa Magazine (including but not limited to):
- Mastering Peels
- Connecting with Clients: Blogging to Build your Brand
- Know your Sources: Sifting through Digital Information via Social Media
- Top Qualifiers when Choosing Back Bar Products
- The New Client Questionnaire
- Banish Bridezilla Blues: Behold the Bridal Service Buffet!
- The Art of the Client Consultation: Boost Retail Sales and Expand your Client Base
- Ladies who Lunch – With a Side of Spa
- Online Retailing: Is it Helping or Hurting your Spa Business?
- Social Media Marketing: Too Much of a Good Thing?
- Choosing a Back Bar Line
- Spa Dreaming
- Dare to Inspire – ‘men-tor: A trusted counselor or guide’
- The Heart of Estheticis: Creating Loyal Clients & Achieving Financial Success (2013)
- Estheticians are a Girl’s Best Friend (2nd edition, 2016)
- Notes from Your Fairy Godmother – Ideas, Inspiration and Joy for Women (2017)